Tuesday 20 October 2009

I love my bread maker!

I've recently been given a second-hand bread maker by my mother. I love it! On Sunday I used it to make fresh bread in an hour to go with a yummy soup that I threw together from the vegetables lying around in the fridge (plus some stock, herbs, and seasoning); this morning we woke up to freshly-baked wholemeal for breakfast (having used the time-delay function overnight). For a basic loaf it uses strong white bread flour or wholemeal bread flour or a mixture of both, plus water, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and dried yeast. You just measure and put it all in the tin, then it mixes, kneads, and bakes for you. It takes up quite a lot of room in our rather small kitchen, but it is so worth it for the amazing taste of the bread. It's pretty cheap to make your own bread, too, if you buy the bigger packets of flour and yeast in the supermarket. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment